Sunshine Blogger Award
I want to express my sincere appreciation to Gbolabo Adetunji for his nomination of me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am impressed by his passion and humility shone brightly throughout his blog.
“Sometimes, life is hard. Thinking can even make it harder. Staying positive can become a chore but it is worth it in the end. It is better to get better than to get bitter.” – by Gbolado Adetunji
Please visit his blog at: gbolaboadetunji.wordpress.com
Here are the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award: (If you choose to participate)
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate fellow bloggers whom you follow
- Give them ten questions to answer
(Please also notify your nominees!)
My questions from Gbolabo Adetunji:
- What languages do you speak?
There is one written Chinese either in traditional or simplified form. I read traditional Chinese. I recognized some simplified Chinese but not all the characters. My mother tongue is Cantonese. It’s one of the many dialects in China. I learned to speak Mandarin because one of my college professors taught in Mandarin. Since I have been in the US for thirty some years, I speak Chinese with American accent.
- When did you last cry in front of another person?
I have a hard time hiding my emotion. So the last time I cried was just sometime in September 2016 in front of a group of women when we shared about something to be thankful for in the summer. I shared about our trip to Spain in August this year to celebrate our anniversary.
- Are you less religious than your parents?
I would say I am more spiritual than my parents as a Christian. My parents became Christians in their 70s. Christianity to them is a religion.
- What is the one thing you have tried but will never do again?
I tried to learn riding the bicycle as a young adult. After several falls and bruises, I somehow stopped trying and probably will be afraid to try again.
- Do you believe everyone needs a soulmate?
Life style is a preference. If someone choses to live a solitary life, he or she would find peace and contentment in life.
- Would you say no to palm oil products to save the orangutans?
I don’t have any palm oil products that I can think off. In that sense, I would have no encounter for me to say “yes” or “no.”
- Have you ever succeeded when you thought you might fail?
After a year of chemotherapy, surgeries, and radiation in year 2009, my throat was dry and my voice was rusty. I thought I would never be able to sing again. But I went back to the choir four years ago. My voice was getting better and better. I was able to sing Handel’s Messiah in the last three years. This Christmas will be the fourth year I participate in the performance.
- Who makes your dinner?
During the year of my cancer treatment and another year of recuperation, my husband did all the cooking. Now I’m well enough to cook dinner every night because he is working and I’m retired.
- Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?
I was born as an introvert. I preferred to observe and listen, rather than voice my opinion. But professionally, I was trained to be a singer, a teacher, a public speaker, and a participant of management decisions.
- Have you ever witnessed a panic attack?
I witnessed my own “panic” attack when I locked my baby daughter in the car by mistake. I thought I just ran out of the car to crab something quick, but locked the car with the key in the ignition, and my baby inside. Back in the time when cars didn’t have safety features such as having signals if the key is in the ignition when the car door is open.
I nominate my fellow bloggers who inspire my blogging experience:
There are more lovely blogs I like to nominate. Due to time constraints, I nominate the above names. Please feel free to accept or decline the nomination.
Questions for the nominees:
- Have you lived in another country besides where you are?
- Where would you like to go as your dream vacation?
- What is your most unforgettable moment?
- Have you experienced any unpleasant situation?
- Are you an early bird or late owl?
- Do you prefer indoor or outdoor activities?
- What is your favorite kind of food?
- Do you prefer reading the newspaper or watch TV news?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- Do you have any hobbies besides blogging?