Happy New Year 2021
Happy New Year, My Friends!
I enjoy reading quotes. I used to memorize them for encouragement and motivation. Lao Tzu is known for his wisdom and I believe our doing begins with our thinking.
I read 100 best New Year’s quotes for 2021 and included 10 here.
1. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” ―Josiyah Martin
3. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” —J.P. Morgan
4. “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately, we write it. The choice is ours.” —Alex Morritt
5. “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” —Thomas Jefferson
6. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ―Germany Kent
7. “As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes there are things in our lives that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes the changes we don’t want are the changes we need to grow. And sometimes walking away is a step forward.” —Unknown
8. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.” —Francis Bacon Sr.
9. “This year, be structured enough for success and achievement and flexible enough for creativity and fun.” —Taylor Duvall
10. “Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” —Frank Scully
Our New Year’s tradition used to be watching the fireworks beginning at 15 minutes before 9:00 p.m. PST (12:00 a.m. EST) for the countdown in Times Square, New York, then watching the fireworks around the world. Many countries didn’t have fireworks this year. We watched the video clips of a few countries where they had fireworks. Here is a short BBC clip.
Wishing you a Happy first day of the best possible new 365 days of Year 2021!